ENDLESS.COM

Friday, November 11, 2011

Don't Be Afraid to Take Chances

I was having a conversation with a co-worker of mine this morning, as we were coming from breakfast, about our job and she was telling me that she hated that she didn't get a chance to sign up for the "fun committee" this year.  I asked what that was, and she told me that it was a committee that planned and organized all of the fun activities that we have at work.  And immediately I had an idea, that she would be a great event planner.  She's very bubbly, and fun, and she has a very colorful personality, and she loves to do creative things like that, so I expressed this to her, that she should look into doing it.  But she wasn't very enthused about seriously considering it as a business, another career, or even as a hobby.  Her setback was that she was afraid.

Now, this woman is about 5'11, if not over 6 feet tall, very outgoing, and meets no stranger.  And she was afraid of venturing out to do something that she is great at.  She could be missing her calling, her purpose in life, because she's too afraid to take a chance.

Often times, we let fear keep us from our destiny; the fear of the unknown and fear of failure.  But God did not give us a spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind (2 Tim 1:7).  God doesn't want us to have fear in our hearts, because fear is just a trick of the enemy to keep us from carrying out what God wants us to do.

Do you know what FEAR stands for?  False Evidence Appearing Real.  That's it. 

Many of us miss out on our blessings because we are afraid of failing, but failure is a good thing.  I know you're probably asking yourself, why?  Well, failure makes us stronger, failure is a guide, and failure is a great teacher. 

Going through trials and making mistakes is a part of life, that you can't get around, unless you do absolutely nothing for the entirety of your life.  How you respond to failure is what will help you in your quest to find your true purpose in life.  If you're smart, you'll learn from your past mistakes, gaining knowledge on what to do or not to do if faced with the situation again; therefore, making decisions based on past experience, that guide you down paths leading to your destiny.

I've always been a pretty adventurous person.  I love to try new things, and even though I may be a little apprehensive sometimes, I'll still do it, just to see where it will take me.  Especially, if I develop an interest in something or someone, I can't rest until I try it out, and if it doesn't work out, I just move on to the next project, maybe that wasn't for me. 

So don't be afraid to try things, if you want that job, go get it, it doesn't matter if you're the least qualified.  The favor of God upon you is all you need.  God said, "the last shall be first and the first shall be last (Matt 20:16).  Favor is when God blesses you with something that you didn't deserve upon any doing of your own, but He blesses you with it anyway, because His favor is upon you.

I pray that this message was a blessing to you today.  Thank you for reading.  In Jesus' name, be blessed.

No comments: