ENDLESS.COM

Monday, July 29, 2013

ALL THINGS WORK TOGETHER FOR YOUR GOOD

Wow...I can't believe it's been over a year since my last post.  So much has happened and taken place since my last post from bad to good.  But even the bad works together with the good for my good, because I love the Lord. 

When I started this journey, or at least when I started documenting this journey, I was at a place where I just had no idea what I was supposed to be doing with my life.  There were a million and one things that I wanted to do, but I had no idea what I was supposed to be doing.  I prayed and I prayed, I waited and waited, I searched and searched, but I was coming up empty.  But God had a plan for me, as He always had, I just had to seek Him first, and there is where I would find the key to my future.  I'm not saying that I've reached my destiny just yet, but I know that I am well on my way, and on the right path.

Now let's go back for a moment.  I'm not proud of all the things I've done in my past or have had to go through, but every trial that I've overcome is what helped make me who I am today, and if I can motivate and inspire others to overcome with my testimony, then I have done my due diligence. 

So let's get to my testimony.

I believe my last post was November of 2011.  A few months after that, my husband and I got into a big fight.  I won't go into detail, but there was some physical assault on both parts.  The police got involved and I ended up getting arrested.  I served two days in jail (more like one) and I ended up being on probation for 1 year, having to pay out a whole lot of money, attending a battery intervention class, and now my perfect record is blemished.  So I spent the whole year of 2012 basically serving time for a stupid mistake that could have been avoided.  I know you're probably thinking, "where is the victory in this story?"  Well, I'm not finished yet.  So after getting out of jail (ugh, I hate how that sounds), my husband and I were separated for a short while, then we reconciled.  Or at least we tried to.  We went through alot, and in our turmoil, God still had a plan for us. 

We had stopped going to church for about a year leading up to this incident, and therefore, we had stopped tithing and praying, and living for God like we should. I believe it was about March of 2012, when I was contacted by one of our brothers in Christ from our previous church.  He said he and his wife had branched off and started their own ministry.  I had been praying for God to direct us to a church home where we could get the unadulturated Word, guidance, love and direction that we needed, and where we could be an active part of ministry, growing with the church, having that feeling of belonging.  Let me just say, that God will give you exactly what you pray for, especially when it lines up with His will for your life.

When we met with them, we pretty much jumped in head first.  I already knew before we had our meeting, that I wanted to be a part of their ministry.  Because we had known them, and observed their lives, we already knew that they were a man and woman of God and great leaders, worthy of being followed.  They didn't just talk the talk, they walked the walk.  However, the enemy was still busy, still trying to tear our family apart.  At the time, my husband was still dealing with a drug addiction, yes I said drug addiction.  And I had just gotten to the point where I was fed up and really tired of all the drama that came along with that territory.  I asked my first lady/Co-Pastor to pray for us because, we had separated since our meeting with them.  And she said that she and her husband, our Pastor, wanted to meet with us, and we would go through marriage boot camp.  It was just that.  But it helped tremendously.  After our first counseling session with them, my husband stopped doing drugs, smoking cigarettes and drinking alcohol, cold turkey, and he has not gone back to it since.  I praise God for his deliverance because there is nothing too hard for God.

Since then, we have been under the teachings and guidance of our Pastors, and we play so many major roles in the ministry from being Ministers in training, to Praise team leader, to Tech team leader, to being on the Advisory Board, to Treasurer, to Secretary, we've pretty much done it all or are doing it all.  But I love every moment of it.  Although, I'm busy and I'm always at church, it doesn't bother me at all, because I love serving God and the people of God, and in God I have found my true purpose; to serve.  If nothing else, I know that I am here to love the Lord God with all of my heart, mind, body and soul, love all people and serve God and the Kingdom of God.  Anything else, is extra; a bonus; a plus.  God sees the bigger picture, while we are only focused on our own fulfillment, He is focused on the fulfillment of everyone, for His glory.

Through all of the bad that took place in such a short time, it has directed me, and not only myself, but my family as well, to our purpose.  Even our children are being used in the ministry and to glorify the Kingdom of God, and it won't be long before they are totally living for God and desiring His will for their lives as well.  My teenagers are currently on the Tech team, working the media and technical  things around the church, and they actually enjoy it and look forward to coming to church.  I'm so proud of them.  And my baby boy or middle child, depending on how you look at it, will be singing as he loves to sing, like his mom. 

When you acknowledge God in all your ways, He will direct your paths (Prov 3:6).  God is so awesome, He is just so amazing.  If you seek the Kingdom of God and His righteousness, everything that you desire and need will be added unto you (Mat 6:33).  There is no need to go soul searching when you let God lead you, He will provide everything you need.  If you're searching to find your true purpose in life, then there is something inside of you that says, "there's got to be more to life", and you're right, there is more, and His name is Jesus Christ, the King of kings, the LORD of lords, the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end, He's your HEALER, your PROVIDER, your REDEEMER, your LAWYER, your HELPER, your CONFIDANT, your SAVIOR, your GUIDE.  All that you need Him to be, HE IS.  He is the I AM THAT I AM (Exodus 3:14).  If you don't know the Lord, I pray that you will get to know Him, repent of your sins and ask Him to come into your life and show you the way.  He will do it.  Being a Believer is no secret society that is only open to a select few people.  God is for everyone, no matter what you've done, no matter where you come from, or where you've been.  God will accept you as you are, and only He can make you clean and righteous with the blood of Jesus Christ. 

I pray that this post has blessed you and answered some questions that you may have had concerning your purpose in life.  I pray that you will consider the nuggets that I've shared and began to seek God, and in Him you will find your TRUE purpose. 

Father, I pray for the reader of this message today.  I ask that you come into their life and reveal your purpose for them.  Let them know that every creature that you've made has a purpose, and every purpose is unique.  Lord, I ask that you search the depths of their heart, and lead them in the way that they should go.  Lord, you said that it is your love that draws men to repentance, and I ask that you make your love for them evident in their life.  You said that all things work together for the good of those who love you and are called according to YOUR purpose, so it doesn't matter what their current situation looks like, and it doesn't matter what their past looks like, it's all working out for their good, in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments: