ENDLESS.COM

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

No Matter What It Looks Like, Never Give Up

Often times I've found myself giving up on things, and somtimes even people because of what it looks like on the outside, or what it looks like right now.  Or maybe not giving up on them, but just setting them aside for now, because it was too hard or taking too long.  I have mentioned before that I am a very, very impatient individual.  I want things when I want them, which is usually right now.

But I've realized that life doesn't quite work that way.  Some things can be obtainable right now, but some things take time.  I'm also learning that good things come to those who wait, and special orders take time.  See, when I get it in my head that I want something, it's always a certain way that I want it.  I'm very particular, and very detailed about things.  So I must understand, that in order to get what I want, the way that I want it, it's going to take time.

Maybe there's something that I need to do first, before God will give it to me or reveal it to me.  Maybe I need to mature more, or get to a certain place, emotionally, physically, mentally, and/or spiritually, like Abram in Genesis Chapter 13.  We don't know God's plans for our lives, but He does.  That's why He instructs us to seek Him with all our hearts, because He knows His thoughts toward us; they are of peace, to give us an expected end (Jeremiah 29:11-13). 

We can't just look at a situation or an obstacle and want to run away from it, because we may never reach our blessing.  And you're going to face it over and over again until you overcome it. 

When Joseph was sold into slavery by his own brothers, they meant it for evil, but God meant it for good.  When you know that you have God in your corner, you can look at the glass half full, not half empty.  Because whatever the devil tries to put in front of you to stop you from reaching your destiny, your God given purpose in life, God is the one who has full control, and can turn it completely around to work in your favor, but you have to give Him that control first.

Never let what a situation looks like stop you from going after your dreams, your passion, your purpose in life.  Try and try again, and again, and again.  God said that He would not cut off our expectations (Proverbs 23:18), and our God is not a man, that He should lie, nor a son of man, that He should change His mind (Numbers 23:19).

No comments: