ENDLESS.COM

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Enjoy the Journey

So for the longest time, I let the fact that I was not doing, or even pursuing my true purpose in life, bother me.  So much, that I had forgotten to take time out to enjoy life.   Everything we go through in life, that leads up to where we finally end up, is what makes us who we are.  The trials, the mistakes, the lessons learned, the laughs, the cries, the heartbreaks, and the joyful moments, all shape and mold our character.

I was so fixated on finding my destiny, that I was missing the beautiful scenery around me on the way. 

Recently, I went on a Western Caribbean Cruise with my mom, sister and aunt, and I couldn't be more happier that I went.  I wasn't going to go, because I didn't want to leave my husband and kids behind, and I didn't want to miss a whole week of work, but I decided to go anyway, and I am so glad that I did.  I needed that break and the relaxation that I got while away from my everyday life.

I was so busy being a wife, mother, provider, student, and trying to find myself that I was losing myself.  That trip was what I needed to refesh and get back in the game.  Had I not gone, I'd probably still be just as confused and frustrated as I was before, if not more.

So don't forget to "stop and smell the roses", on your journey to finding your purpose, because what you're looking for might be hidden in the bushes.

While on the cruise, we took many, many pictures, because my sister is a picture freak.  All of the professional cruise pics that were taken on the ship of me, came out beautifully, and most of the ones that we took on our own.  My aunt pointed out that when we got back home that I should look into Plus Size Modeling.  This is something that I had planned to do in the near future, but after dropping some pounds, just for my own comfort.    I'm very photogenic, and I always have been, even when I'm not feeling well I take awesome photos, professionally and for fun.

I love taking pictures and posing, and seeing the beautiful outcome, and you already know I love fashion, so this is something that I could see myself doing on a daily basis, and being completely happy doing it. 

I will definitely look more into this now that someone else has pointed out my aptitude for being photographed.  I've had someone mention it to me when I was in high school, but I never seriously considered modeling until adulthood. 

See what I mean, by stopping and smelling the roses, what you're looking for could be right under your nose. 

I love how God works.  We spend our lives trying to find things on our own, or fix things on our own, when He's holding his hand out right in our face with exactly what we need, but we're too busy going around Him to see it. 

No comments: